At Elder Logistics, our goal is to provide you with a wealth of knowledge concerning custom, and industry-standard, transportation solutions.
In today’s blog, we want to discuss retail furniture in regards to pool distribution. To begin, let’s answer what pool distribution is.
Essentially, pool distribution is similar to less than truckload (LTL) shipping. The only difference is that pool distribution is usually a truckload of different products your company has, versus LTL shipping which includes products from other companies, which fill out the remainder of the space in the truckload.
Of course, these are just averages and don’t represent every scenario. You generally see more savings in costs for pool distributions versus the higher premium rates associated with LTL shipping.
On top of saving on transportation costs, some other critical factors of pool distribution include the following list:
- Potential to significantly reduce errors since freight consolidation is involved in the process of pool distribution
- Have the opportunity to save on shipment transit times since pool distribution logistics are designed to be as efficient as possible.
- Reduction in carbon emissions is a byproduct of using pool distribution for your freight consolidation needs.
Regarding moving retail furniture, it’s clear that the benefits of utilizing pool distribution are many.
Using pool distribution for moving your retail furniture can help reduce any defects, damage, or other general hassles that may come along with other delivery service methods.
Furthermore, pool distribution follows a predetermined route to get to the desired destination with fewer stops than LTL or other delivery service types might take. Thus, it can save on having to stop by many different touch points throughout the transit time frame.
There are some cases in which it may be better to go with other delivery service options. The following list shares some of these exceptions:
- If your company has significant hesitations on changing the current processes of transportation of goods, you may need to reconsider what is best for your company at the moment.
- Depending on the volume of retail furniture that needs to be shipped, it may not be large enough. In that case, you may need to consider using a different method such as LTL expedited delivery services (which we at Elder Logistics also provide if pool distribution is not an option anymore).
- Finding the right shipping partner is key to any successful pool distribution shipping. Having a solid business relationship foundation with your shipper is essential. Understand that communication and updates are paramount to making pool distribution work.
However, from a grand overview perspective, if this sounds like this may work for your business needs, we at Elder Logistics can help you discover the best course of action for your particular shipping parameters. From the weight of your products to a precise estimate on the transit time – we can help make pool distribution of your retail furniture less of a hassle and more of an achievement.
If you’re looking to move some retail furniture via pool distribution, we encourage you to reach out! We can partner together and discuss strategies and solutions that would best work for your business needs.
Please send us a question here on our Contact Us page. We handle a high volume of daily inquires and are quick to respond as soon as possible.
If you already know what you want out of your shipping needs, you can reach out to us via our Request a Quote section as well.
We look forward to doing business with you!